Series 9000 BF
Thermally Broken Frame Damper
- In conditions of high relative humidity.
- If the damper is closed approximately 80 % of the time.
- When there are extreme temperature differentials.
- For air intake and exhaust.
- Where low leakage, maintenance-free dampers are required for ducted, or non-ducted outside walls, or plenums.
- Caution: In applications where the humidity level is unusually elevated, or where there are extremely high levels of dust and dirt particles, we recommend that the damper linkage and bearing system should be cleaned once a year. This can be done easily with the use of a domestic strength steam cleaner. The loosened dirt and water droplets can then be blown out with compressed air.
- Leakage Class 1A at 1” w.g. static pressure differential. Standard air leakage data is certified under the AMCA Certified Ratings Program.
- Thermally broken frame, coupled with thermally insulated blades, reduce or eliminate condensation and freeze-up.
- Aluminum, insulated dampers, installed as “Flanged to Duct” type, create a true thermal barrier between outside air temperature and desired interior temperature.
- Energy savings are obtained from the resulting thermal efficiency and low air leakage rates.
- Silicone blade and side seals are supplied as standard.
- This grade of silicone and its leakage resistant properties are virtually unaffected by cold winter temperatures,down to -40°F (-40°C). Operating temperature range is -72°F (-58°C) to 185°F (85°C).
- Constructed with all of the maintenance-free bearing and linkage components of other quality TAMCO products.
(Caution: Never use any lubricants, such as grease or silicone on TAMCO dampers.)