TAMCO Install Types
Extended Front Flange
2" extended front flange frame
MINIMUM SECTION SIZE:
4½”w x 4¾”h (115 mm x 121 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 pi² (2,3 m²)
60 po L x 60 po H (1524 mm x 1524 mm)
48 po L x 75 po H (1220 mm x 1905 mm)
- Extended Front Flange Install Type is designed to facilitate installation by providing a larger fastening area, particularly where dampers are to be attached to the opening of an air handling unit, or wall.
- Blades open away from the extended flange.
- Heavy-duty backdraft damper is constructed with a 2" (50.8 mm) extended flange around the entire perimeter of the front side of the damper. (The "face" or "front" is the sticker side of the damper.)
- The top and bottom frame flanges on the rear side of the heavy-duty backdraft damper are 1.063” (27 mm).
- The side frames on the rear side of the backdraft damper are 0.75” (19 mm).
- Finished inside frame dimensions of the backdraft damper will be identical to the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Finished outside frame dimensions will be 4” (101.6 mm) larger than the specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Extended Front Flange Install Type heavy-duty backdraft dampers are not designed so that any part of the damper may be inserted into an opening, as the side frame members extend to the full height of the extended flange.
- Series 7600 CWA heavy duty backdraft dampers are not available as Extended Front Flange install type, as the extended flange would interfere with the operation of the external counterweights.
- Extended Front Flange heavy-duty backdraft dampers installed in an air handling unit must always be installed so that the linkage is on the interior, to ensure that it remains dirt-free.
- Always provide opening width and height dimensions, when ordering. Width dimension is always parallel to blades. Height dimension is always perpendicular to blades.
TAMCO Heavy-Duty Backdraft Damper Installation Guidelines