TAMCO Install Types
Installed In Duct
Inserted in a duct or wall opening
MINIMUM SECTION SIZE:
6½”w x 6¾”h (166 mm x 172 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 pi² (2,3 m²)
60 po L x 60 po H (1524 mm x 1524 mm)
48 po L x 75 po H (1220 mm x 1905 mm)
- Heavy-duty backdraft damper is manufactured so that the finished outside frame dimensions are ½” (12.7 mm) smaller than specified opening width & height dimensions.
- Linkage must remain accessible after installation.
- In Duct install type, single section heavy-duty backdraft dampers are constructed with a 2" (51 mm) flange behind the linkage and a ¾" (19 mm) flange at the front of the linkage, to facilitate access from the face side of the backdraft damper.
- Linkage for multi-section heavy-duty backdraft dampers is located where sections meet and can be accessed from the face side of the backdraft damper assembly.
- Series 7600 WT and 7600 CWA heavy duty backdraft dampers are not available as In Duct install type, as duct work would interfere with the operation of the external weights or counterweights.
- Always provide opening width and height dimensions, when ordering. Width dimension is always parallel to blades. Height dimension is always perpendicular to blades.
TAMCO Heavy-Duty Backdraft Damper Installation Guidelines