TAMCO Install Types
MINIMUM DUCT DIAMETER:
9” (229 mm)
MAXIMUM DUCT DIAMETER:
58” (1474 mm)
MAXIMUM SECTION SIZE:
25 ft² (2.3 m²)
MAXIMUM FINISHED OD:
62”w x 62”h (1575 mm x 1575 mm)
- Transition pieces are a minimum of 18 ga. galvanized steel for Series 1000 SM.
- Transition pieces are stainless steel for Series 1000 SM with SW Option.
- Transition pieces and damper are sealed together.
- Dampers are built 4" (102 mm) larger than specified duct diameter. (Dampers are fabricated square.)
- Finished transition diameter is ¼" (6.35 mm) less than specified duct diameter, providing clearance for mating duct which slides over round transition. This ensures free movement of damper blades.
- For duct diameter sizes less than 9” (229 mm), contact TAMCO Customer Service.
- Actuators can only be mounted externally when smoke dampers are ordered as square to round install type.
- Multi-section dampers assemblies can only be connected using jumpers when smoke dampers are ordered as square to round install type. Jackshafts are not available for this install type.
- Always provide duct diameter dimension when ordering.
TAMCO Square to Round Install Type for UL/ULC Approved Smoke Dampers
TAMCO UL/ULC Approved Smoke Damper Installation Guidelines