Extreme Cold Temperature Option
ECT Extreme Cold Temperature Option:
- The ECT upgrade option for TAMCO Series 9000 BF dampers is specifically designed for extreme cold temperatures below -40°F (-40 °C), down to -100°F (-73 °C).
- Formula for ECT silicone seals is the same as that used by NASA for its Aerospace program.
- Leakage rate through a 48” x 36” (1220 mm x 915 mm) Series 9000 BF damper at 1 in. w.g. (0.25 kPa) pressure differential is no greater than 0.89 cfm/ft² (4.5 l/s/m²).
- ECT silicone is virtually unaffected by cold winter temperatures down to -100 °F (-73 °C). Cold box testing revealed no discernible change in flexibility, or compressibility of ECT silicone between 70 °F (21 °C) and -100 °F (-73 °C).
- The ECT Option silicone seals' superior dynamic fatigue resistance ensures prolonged sealing longevity, plus phenomenal resistance to weathering, compression set, and heat.
- Silicone seals have an estimated service life of 30 years.