Extreme Cold Temperature Option
ECT Extreme Cold Temperature Option:
- The Extreme Cold Temperature Option was specifically designed for applications where there are extreme temperature differentials.
- This upgrade option offers high grade formula white silicone side seals and blade gaskets, replacing the blue silicone seals on the 9000 BF damper.
- This grade of silicone and its leakage resistant properties are virtually unaffected by cold winter temperatures, as the silicone retains flexibility down to -100°F (-73°C).(Cold box testing revealed no discernible change in flexibility, or compressibility of silicone between 70°F (21°C) and -100°F (-73°C).)
- Leakage rate through a 36” x 36” (915 mm x 915 mm) Series 9000 BF damper with the ECT Extreme Cold Temperature Option at 1 in. w.g. (0.25 kPa) pressure differential:
- • at ambient temperature is not greater than 1.1 cfm/ft² (5.6 l/s/m²),
- • at -40°F (-40°C) is not greater than 1.35 cfm/ft² (6.86 l/s/m²).
- The ECT Option silicone seals' superior dynamic fatigue resistance ensures prolonged sealing longevity, plus phenomenal resistance to weathering, compression set, and heat.
- Silicone seals have an estimated service life of 30 years.