Structural Design Requirements
for multi-section dampers
- Intermediate structural support is required to resist applied velocity and pressure loads for dampers that consist of two or more sections in both height and width.
- Field-supplied, tubular structural steel support may be required for large multi-sectioned dampers.
- TAMCO Series 7600 and 7600 WT weigh approximately 4.5 lbs/ft² (21.97 kg/m²). Allowance for additional weight must be made for the external weights provided with the Series 7600 WT. The number of external weights used is dependent upon damper size and installation conditions.
- TAMCO Series 7600 CW and 7600 CWA weigh approximately 5 lbs/ft² (24.41 kg/m²). Allowance for additional weight must be made for the external counterweights provided with the Series 7600 CWA. The number of external counterweights used is dependent upon damper size and installation conditions.
- The structure providing intermediate support must be designed to resist the highest pressure load, with deflection of less than L/320. This applies whether the pressure load is created by the mechanical system, by wind load, or if the damper is mounted on the exterior of the building.
TAMCO Heavy-Duty Backdraft Damper Installation Guidelines